Saturday, August 18, 2012

Champagne Shallot Mustard by Stonewall Kitchen


Their Description
A great addition to marinades, vinaigrettes or sauces. Serve as a savory accompaniment to pâtè, shrimp,or baked Brie.

Our Description
Reminiscent of a sweet, slightly lighter in flavor, brown mustard. The celery seed, garlic, and wine feature pretty predominantly. I even had to double take to talk myself down from thinking there was some kind of horseradish throw in the mix. There wasn't. The strong taste was not what I expected but that's not to say it's not good. I could totally see this paired with a beer and some hearty dark baked hard pretzels. I could see how someone might also enjoy it on a deli sandwich but that someone isn't me. Reminds me too much of brown mustard - which I'm no fan of. A little disappointed I didn't like this flavor more. I was hoping it'd be as awesome as some Champagne Peach Jam and Raspberry Champagne Mustard I'd had some Stonewall Kitchen in the past. Yeah, not so much. My husband, who is a fan of brown mustard, had this to say "a mild champagne mustard with shallots and a strong aftertaste of shallots." When asked if he'd have it again, "yeah, it's alright." Sounds like he's on the fence with me!

PROS
Sweet, Nice garlic flavor

CONS
Celery seed flavor is a little heavy and the champagne flavor seems to compete more with the mustard than it does compliment it. I will probably turn the entire jar into a vinaigrette so as to make it easier and more appealing to finish eating.

Interesting Tidbits
Not much to say about this product ... it is what it is.

Dietary Flags
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan/Vegetarian

Purchase Store
The Fresh Market
Purchase Location
2510 Quarry Lake Drive Baltimore, MD 21208
Purchase Price
$5.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!